Sunday, April 13, 2008

NASCAR over priced? Say it's not so!

When did someone realize this?

From my own personal experience, I know what it's all about. I've only been to two tracks: Dover and Charlotte.

One requires driving 3 and a half hours each way, plus an over night hotel stay. That would be Dover.

The other requires a longer stay to make it worth the money that I shell out for a plane ticket and hotel for a couple of days.

Oh and did I forget a rental car? Yeah, I guess I did.

Put that all together and you get debt, along with the tickets and food and what not.

Yes, I put my love of travel before thinking about my bank account. Yes, I went a little crazy with my credit cards.

Regardless, it's not cheap to go to one race, let alone two in one year.

Unless you're someone who is independently wealthy, such as the top 1 percent of our population, or more...or have invested wisely for your retirement...guess what? You're only going to be sitting on your couch.

That's what I'm going to end up doing again, when I sell my tickets for the June Dover race. Stub Hub here I come!

My job doesn't pay me enough and in this economy, it makes it tougher. Even if you have a college degree like I have, there are no jobs out there to pay me like I deserve to be paid.

I believe in full disclosure, so I will tell you that I am an Obama supporter. Bloggers and Citizen Journalists alike are supposed to express their views, but not be biased. I will say that anything that he has expressed about the bitterness of the middle class and poor IS correct. There is NOTHING negative that he has said, in regard to this. Hillary Clinton is just using her spin, so she can get her dishonest discourse and rhetoric back in the White House.

NASCAR is a part of this corporate structure that is hurting our economy. It's hurting those that are supporting them.

I'd like to tell the commentator on AOL Fan House, that it was quite obvious that this was going on for years. Eight years to be exact. When did you begin to figure this out? Or was it pure sarcasm? I hope it was. If it wasn't, I think someone needs a reality check. NASCAR tickets, like all other expenses are not in line with reality. They're all over priced, they're all out of reach for the fans that they're trying to reach.

No comments: